This morning I was sent an email by a long time PEERtrainer member- someone who has lost a lot of weight, reversed chronic disease-- in general has made a huge amount of progress. So I was very excited to hear that she was enthusiastic about The Magic Fridge. Our best members are often our toughest critics! It was great to see that she really embraced the central idea behind The Magic Fridge and built upon it!
"Dear Jackie, I love your magic fridge and already tried a lot of things - like the tex mex tabouli and the hummus - LOVE IT! :-)
Attached you'll find 2 of my all time favourite recepies, which would suit perfectly in the magic fridge - maybe you want to try them?!"
Here is the first recipe of hers:
Spicy Thai Curry
1 red & 1 yellow pepper
1 head broccoli
1 big carrot
1 can coconut milk
2 teaspoons of hot red thai curry paste (you can buy it in red and green versions)
How to make it:
1. Chop up the eggplant, peppers, broccoli, carrot and other veggies
2. Heat the coconut milk with in a wok and add the red thai curry paste, stir until it’s mixed properly
3. When the coconut milk and curry paste start to simmer, put in the veggies
4. Add ginger, garlic, thai basil and cilantro and cook everything until the veggies are smooth
5. Prepare basmati rice to eat aside!
Her Comments On Why This Recipe Is A Potential Magic Fridge Addition:
- This Thai curry is one of the gifts that keep on giving, because you can make a huge pot and eat it through 3 days – actually re-heating it tastes even better each time.
- If you like it really spicy you can add more hot red thai curry paste.
- You can also vary the veggies and add e.g. tomatoes, snow peas, sprouts – whatever you like! I prefer it with basmati rice, but brown rice is also good.
I'm very interested to hear what you all think. I think it is great to become familiar with recipes from this part of the world. You may have to get a couple ingredients that you never had in your house before. But once you have these ingredients and know how to work these flavor combinations you'll find that your ability to make vegetables taste GREAT goes through the roof!
1. Please comment on this recipe on our Facebook wall. I'd love to hear how many of you have made Thai dishes before, and how doable this was for you.
2. If you have not checked out our Magic Fridge you can learn more about it here.
3. Keep the feedback coming!!!