I eat out frequently so over the years I've had to figure out how to resist high calorie/low nutrient foods when I can't control the environment. It's took me a while to figure it out but I had to do it; otherwise the scale would never show results. So I created a segment: The 5 Golden Rules: How To Eat At A Restaurant And Still Lose Weight and it was a hit. I stick to these rules every time except for Sushi and Indian Food dinners (and I've made up my own little rule set for that which I'll post separately).
The 5 Golden Rules: How To Eat Out, At A Restaurant And Still Lose Weight
1. Say No To The Welcome Food. No bread basket, No Chips, No Exceptions. Do not let it hit the table no matter how hungry you are.
2. Learn to See Water As A Drink Choice. If you don't like it, try some squeezed lemon. Sodas, sweetened teas and juice all add sugar and calories.
3. Order An Appetizer As Your Entree. Appetizers help you keep control over your portions. If you're craving pasta or something in particular, find the appetizer size.
4. If You Want To Order An Entree, Always Make It A Salad. Make sure the dressing is on the side and your spoon to drizzle. You must stop at 2 spoonfuls. Say No to the croutons, crunchy things.
5. Use the 3 Bite Rule For Dessert. It's better to pass on Dessert or have tea or frozen berries but if you must, only take 3 bites.
If you have any rules, please add below! Jackie