1. Jackie's one suggestion that she always sees help people is just commit to one good day. No matter what the situation if you really just hunker down and look at what is in front of you for the next several hours and the rest of the day, great things can happen.
2. Joshua suggested you really think about your decision to lose weight. Have you truly decided? Here is his take from a psychological perspective:
"It's helpful to understand that the suffix of DECIDE is C-I-D-E...same as homicide, suicide, genocide. 'Cide' means to kill off. So when you DECIDE, you are killing off other options you are killing off:
- The possibility of remaining overweight
- Old notions of who you were as an overweight
- The old habits that held you back from living at the weight you want.
- Your self-sabotage and belief that you don't deserve it or can't have it."
3. Habib focused a lot on the composition of the diet. From his perspective, long term diet, fitness and health are all the same thing. You need to eat a diet very high in fruits and vegetables and this helps you lose weight and help your body keep in shape for greater activity. He was been writing about how to prevent and treat muscle soreness from his own personal experience training for a marathon. If you eat enough vegetables and fruit and run, that alone helps to overcome the big meals and the binges. Your body becomes used to different habits and it will be much easier to get back on track after you have really committed to exercise and high fruit and vegetable intake.