I had a chance to participate in a conference call yesterday with Dr. Mehmet Oz, and had the chance to get some very interesting answers to some questions I had. He has his own TV show now, and the call was part of an effort to promote his new venture.
- When you are on a plane, turn on the air vent above you on low and aim it at your chest. This helps push germs in the air away from you.
- In hotel rooms, immediately remove the bedspread because it is rarely washed
- After you do that, sanitize the TV remote and wash any glasses
- Zinc supplements help the immune system, and interestingly help food taste good. (you can help support PEERtrainer and follow through on this suggestion by stocking up on Zinc at Amazon.com). He also recommended that people need to make sure they are getting enough Vitamin D, and specifically Vitamin D3.
- He also had a helpful recommendation when it came to dealing with kids- "you can't hide your emotions from them, and they sense stuff immediately."