MB asked me the following question:
I am trying the new lifestyle change now. What are some tips? I am allowed 28 points."
Here are my tips:
1. Log, log, log your food. You might think you are eating 28 points but you're only eating 20 and wondering why you're feeling hungry. Or conversly, you could be eating 40 points and wondering why you're not losing weight! The only way you really know what you're eating is to write down your food and it only takes a couple minutes a day. (You can get a PEERtrainer log here).
2. Two excellent 3 point snacks (click here for more weight watchers snack ideas):
- a pear and a tablespoon of peanut butter
- a quarter of avocado with salsa and black beans.
3. One of the easiest ways I've seen to split up 28 points through the day:
- 7 for breakfast,
- 7 for lunch,
- 3 for a snack
- save the remaining 11 for dinner.
If you're on a 20 point track:
- 5 for breakfast
- 5 for lunch
- 2 for snack
- the remaining 8 are for dinner.
If you're curious about how many points you personally get, take this personal assessment from Weight Watchers to see how it works.