MB asked me the following question:
I am trying the new lifestyle change now. What are some tips? I am allowed 28 points."
Here are my tips:
1. Log, log, log your food. You might think you are eating 28 points but you're only eating 20 and wondering why you're feeling hungry. Or conversly, you could be eating 40 points and wondering why you're not losing weight! The only way you really know what you're eating is to write down your food and it only takes a couple minutes a day. (You can get a PEERtrainer log here).
2. Two excellent 3 point snacks (click here for more weight watchers snack ideas):
- a pear and a tablespoon of peanut butter
- a quarter of avocado with salsa and black beans.
3. One of the easiest ways I've seen to split up 28 points through the day:
- 7 for breakfast,
- 7 for lunch,
- 3 for a snack
- save the remaining 11 for dinner.
If you're on a 20 point track:
- 5 for breakfast
- 5 for lunch
- 2 for snack
- the remaining 8 are for dinner.
If you're curious about how many points you personally get, take this personal assessment from Weight Watchers to see how it works.
Tash: it took me a month to really start seeing a weight loss. It took me six months to lose 20 pounds. Lots of people lost weight faster than I did and it was really annoying. Remember several things: eat healthy food, and you'll know that you're getting healthy by eating well even when you don't lose an ounce; get lots of exercise, just like you're doing; your body will love you for it, even when you don't lose an ounce. And be patient and proud of yourself for treating yourself well. Cheers! NA
Posted by: Nancy | February 19, 2010 at 08:08 PM
I'm not losing!! Please help! I'm allowed 20 daily points and I use 2 flex points a day = 22 points per day. I exercise 3/4 times a week in the gym, doing both cardio and strength training. I eat 2 eggs and 1 slice toast for breakfast (4p). I eat a salad (tuna/chicken) for lunch with low dressing (4p). I use 10 points for dinner and count everything, including sauce etc. I eat a treat and drink coffee for 4 points in the evening (not after 20:00). I feel satisfied with the amount of food, but I'm not losing!! I've been on the program for 2 weeks now and I know it's not long, but I need motivation and the scale just won't budge! Am I destined to do starvation diets for the rest of my life to lose weight? I'm so angry/mad/sad whatever. Thanks.
Posted by: Tash | January 28, 2010 at 03:18 AM